Monday, November 19, 2007

Whose Line is it Anyway?

Another semester has come and is on its way out. What do I have to show for it?

--some great Christian brothers and sisters at Kaleo

--decent grades, except for the C I’m gonna have in Finance, haha

--a borderline obsession with Lifehouse music

--trips to Hattiesburg, Dallas, Oxford, Memphis, and Starkville

--realization that I’m probably going to run a restaurant one day, regardless of my level of education

--a wonderfully easy job as an RA that has opened doors for many new friendships

--love for archery and possibly bow-hunting (if I could ever see a deer)

--a great group of sixth grade guys that drive me crazy but I love anyway

--a lost bet on the LSU/Ole Miss game (just for you Duck)

--World Series disappointment (Couldn’t the Rockies have won at least one? Come on guys)

--re-addiction to House, MD

--stock in Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream

--interest in politics from my “volunteer” work

--frustration with my Rubik’s Cube


This has been an interesting semester. Three jobs, class, teaching Sunday school, house-sitting, church activities, and just life in general have all kept me busy, sometimes busier than I’d like to be...

This is my first semester in college as a single guy, and it’s been different, I’m not going to lie, but it’s been good. I’ve had a lot of time to grow my friendships, work on my relationship with Christ, and generally just get to know myself all over again…

Usually I have some sort of deep reflection or something in these. But this time, really all I have is this: love who you are. Don’t find your confidence in what others think, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your grades, or your fulfillment of parents’ expectations. Find your confidence in Jesus Christ and the person he made you to be. It’s only then that you’ll find true happiness.

No comments: