Wednesday, May 27, 2009

South Africa Day 3

God is in Africa too.

Really.

I just spent about nine days in Pretoria, South Africa, where God used our team to do some amazing things. For each of the next several days, I’m going to post my journal entries from the trip, starting with the first day, and ending with the last, excluding travel time. I hope the Lord uses these to touch your life like he did mine. Enjoy.

Third Day: May 19

There wasn't much spiritual about what we did today. Basically, my half of the group did hard labor today: clearing a field, shoveling gravel and sand, playing with machetes, etc. Don't get me wrong, we had to get this stuff done and it helped the community out greatly. However, as I was sitting on a trailer that recently carried pig slop, pulled behind an old Massey-Ferguson tractor, being beaten to death by the rough roads, I realized something.

I wasn't created to do this kind of job.


No comments: